Friday, May 4, 2012

I love Lamp.

Well actually I love bladder pillow but more on that later.

I have officially arrived in my first "town": Warner Springs at mile 109. This last week has been full of amazing people, stories, views, and blisters. A few of the highlights thus far are:


  • 70 plus degree weather every day.
  • lots and lots of sunshine
  • a beautifully grated trail that is visible up to 40 miles ahead.
  • butterflies dancing in front of me
  • cowboy camping every night and watching the stars
  • making it past the 100 mile marker
  • Eagle Rock
  • arriving at Barrel Springs after 20 miles of no water and seeing a sign saying "Want a cold beer?" "How about a free chili dog?" "Come on over!"
This experience has been nothing like I have done in my life. As I said in my last post, the generosity of the Trail Angels is astounding and gives me hope in humanity. Even here at Warner Springs. This is normally a hot spring town, but due to legal issues the springs are closed. However there is food, supplies, and showers for through hikers thanks to the community center. Plus all proceeds goes to the local school. Right now I am gearing up for the next leg of the trip which is at Idlewild at mile 180. Getting an opportunity to clean, blog, and get a ton of free food that other hikers don't want (aka the hiker box) is greatly appreciated. 

Well I mentioned earlier that I love bladder pillow. Well for those of you who are not in the know. When doing a through hike it is common for other hikers to give you a trail name. Well because of my enthusiasm of my bladder pillow my fellow hikers decided that my trail name is Bladder Pillow. It is definitely an unique name on trail. Why is the bladder pillow so epic? well let's do a pro con list.

Pro's
  1. perfect pitch for your head
  2. if thirsty at night you can drink with little effort
  3. on a hot day can use for napping and cool back of your head
  4. a waterbed just for you head
Con's
  1. there are none, the bladder pillow is amazing.
Well I need to make way for other hikers, more posts to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment