Friday, February 24, 2012

60% of the time, it works every time.

It’s time to update! A lot has happened since my last post. The most important of all is the ending of the financial goal! Due to a 48-60 hour work week as a teacher’s assistant/custodian I have met my goal in a measly five weeks. Granted this is largely due to benefits derived from very supportive parents, but enough with the details. This means I get to move on to phase two of my PCT preparation: workout a crap ton. That’s right I am no longer working 12 hour days and will make exercise a large focus of my day. I’ll admit this is partly due to my starting this journey with Team Broad Adventure (aka Kara and Liddell). They in all their craziness have decided that the best way to bridge a gap between a 1,800 mile paddling trip and a 2,600 mile hiking trip is a 2,000 mile bicycle trip. Thus if don’t want my posterior handed to me on a silver platter I need to get my ass in shape. 

On other fronts my Canada and PCT through hiker permits went through without a hitch. Which in all honesty is not really impressive…at all, but who’s counting. The plane ticket to San Diego is purchased, so April 25th the adventure begins. Lastly I purchased around $700 worth of gear to make me trail ready! This purchase may or may not include $110 worth of socks. Yes for all those who are surprised, you go though a few socks hiking vast quantities of miles. 

Well boys and girls that is all I have for now. My next post will be when I have something worthwhile to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment