Friday, February 3, 2012

Party on Wane

Well here I go…I guess normally a first blog post should be filled with high emotional excitement, grand ideas of what to expect, or preferably lasers flashing across the screen. The matter of fact truth is I decided I was doing this trip back in late October, I just felt a little silly telling the world about my trip six months before embarking (three is obviously a better number). The main reason I am starting it now is because of two reasons: A) Last month I finally landed a job that provided me the income I need to finance this trip (woot!) and B) I just put my paperwork in the mail for my through hikers permit for the PCT/entry in to Canada form. The ladder of these two reasons made this trip seem official to me.

Before I go any further I may need to bring some people up to speed about what this blog is all about. To start, last October I was having a grand ol’ time working Outdoor School with some amazing people. During that time a good friend of mine (Kara) Stated, “I am going to hike the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) from Mexico to Canada this year.” I promptly mentioned that I had always wanted to do that through hike and she then proceeded to respond with, “Why don’t you join me.” Which to me seemed like a persuasive enough argument, so here I am. 

My first day on trail will be sometime late April and I’ll be finished late September to October. Until then I will be working, snowboarding, and maybe throw in some sleep if I can squeeze it in there. If anything of note happens between now and then I will post it on here…but chances are I won’t have much to say until the trip because when all you do is work, your life seems a little less exciting for some reason. 

Until next time where I have more movie quotes for headlines, and riveting news to inspire you. If you are still wondering about Caboose, that is my Outdoor School name.

No comments:

Post a Comment