Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Now make like a tree and get the **** out of here!


Final trip details: 
  •  Pack packed and ready to go                                       Check 
  •  Resupply boxes prepared with instructions                    Check 
  •  Socialized with family and friends                                  Check 
  •  Room packed away and put in storage                          Check 
  •  In shape so I am not pathetic on trail                             Well close enough

My plane leaves in about 12 hours and then I am off to frolic in the desert. For the last week I have been in a constant state of shock. As excited as I am for this trip, it is impossible for me to wrap my head around how huge it’s going to be. I figure I will do what I always do best…wing it. I leave for San Diego at 6am tomorrow and there I will meet up with Team Broad Adventure. With our powers combined we will accomplish fantastic feats of food shopping and mailing crap ahead of us.

The real adventure takes place Thursday. That is where we will be deported via border patrol into our own country right at the border and the start of the PCT. Many may claim to have hiked the trail, but few start in the back of a border patrol van! 

I also want to send my love and thanks to friends at ODS, the Hash, and team SCC. I have had a great time and will miss you guys.

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Planning to meet up with you some place, some time during the trip. Looking foward to it.
    Good times are soon to come.

    Have Fun!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete