Thursday, August 9, 2012

Milk was a bad choice on a hot day.

I have the crummies in my tummy.

I am not sure what happened to me in Ashland but ever since that town I have been in poor health and thus a sour mood more often than not. I do my best yo not let my spirits down but it is hard when you are being molested by mosquitoes worse than the sierras, have debilitating stomach cramps (from illness) and took a gamble on hiking in Chacos and lost. Not to mention the salt in the wound of loosing my iPod on the trail...that happened when bush whacking near creator lake and a tree yanked out my headphones. I thought the iPod was secure...I was wrong.

I move on though! Luckily this issue coincides with me hiking with Poulo for the next week or so. This means I have to slow down for his virgin feet, but hopefully it will give my body some much needed recovery time. As ill of a mood I find myself in at times I know it is only temporary and if nothing else pride will keep me moving until the end.

On happier notes:

Creator Lake was beautiful. Granted I knew this from when I was there last fall, but this time I was able to sleep on the rim and watch the sunrise. My only regret was that there is a 27 mile dry stretch after the lake so I was not able to hang out as long as I would have liked. Luckily the 27 mile dry stretch had cloud cover most of the way making it a much more enjoyable experience and those clouds became a very exciting thunder/hail/crazy hail storm that evening. Apparently my tent is capable of handling 1/2 golf ball sized prices of hail.

Well as I write this I am waiting for laundry at Shelter Cove resort. Pretty much the half way point for Oregon...that was quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment